3 fragments of charcoal
Foundation deposit, charcoal
Three fragments of charcoal. Length 7.0cm.
HistoryExcavated by the H.E. Winlock (Metropolitan Museum of Art) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari (deposit B, group C) in 1920-1922. Gained by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1922 in the division of finds (Rogers Fund and Edward S. Harkness gift).
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 158$
- Roehrig Catharine H., The Foundation Deposits of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple at Deir el-Bahari, in: Dorman Peter F., Bryan Betsy M., Galán José M. (eds.), Occasional Proceedings of the Theban Workshop. Creativity and Innovation in the Reign of Hatshepsut. Papers from the Theban Workshop 2010, Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization 69, Chicago 2014, 150