Foundation deposit, tool
Material(s) bronze, wood, leather
Adze composed of a wooden handle and bronze blade, tied together with red leather cord. On the wooden handle there is an inscised hieroglyphic inscription: "Good God Maat-ka-Ra, beloved of Amun, Foremost of Djeser-djeseru (nṯr nfr Mȝʿ.t-kȝ-Rʿ mrjj.t Jmn ḫntj Ḏsr-ḏsrw)".
HistoryExcavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895. Donated to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston by the Egypt Exploration Fund in December 1895.
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 156$
- Naville Edouard, The Temple of Deir el-Bahari. Part VI. The Lower Terrace, Additions and Plans, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund 29, London 1908, 9, pl. CLXVIII
- Porter Bertha, Moss Rosalind L.B., Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings II. Theban Temples, 2nd ed., Oxford 1972, 369
- Eggebrecht Arne, Eggebrecht Eva (eds.), Ägyptens Aufstieg zur Weltmacht, Mainz am Rhein 1987, 154-156