Foundation deposit, basketry
Material(s) reed, rush
Round basket made of reed and rush. Interpreted also as sieve. The middle part there is a kind of net constructed in the twining technique, while the other part is constructed in the coiling technique with a passive bundle. Diameter 18.5cm.
HistoryExcavated by the H.E. Winlock (Metropolitan Museum of Art) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1923-1924. Gained by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1925 in the division of finds (Rogers Fund).
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 158-159$
- Roehrig Catharine H., The Foundation Deposits of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple at Deir el-Bahari, in: Dorman Peter F., Bryan Betsy M., Galán José M. (eds.), Occasional Proceedings of the Theban Workshop. Creativity and Innovation in the Reign of Hatshepsut. Papers from the Theban Workshop 2010, Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization 69, Chicago 2014, 149