Block of Thutmose II

Architectural element, decorated block

Description

Block with decoration executed in raised relief. Four columns of inscription turned left and containing the name of Thutmose III can be seen. On the right, the beginning of the next scene is carved with signs dj ʿnḫ ḏd wȝs mj Rʿ directed right.

Jadwiga Iwaszczuk

History

Column reused in the south-east corner of the terrace of the later temple, discovered by J. Capart in 1906.

Bibliography