Foundation deposit, stone vessel
The Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, Cairo CG 16007 = JE 31332
Calcite vessel with two hieroglyphic inscriptions. First one is vertical, signs are painted in blue, text goes as follows: "Good God Maat-ka-Ra, beloved of Amun, Foremost of Djeser-djeseru (nṯr nfr Mȝʿ.t-kȝ-Rʿ mrjj.t Jmn ḫntj Ḏsr-ḏsrw)". Second one is horizontal (3.0 x 5.0cm), but only two signs are visible: m (G17) in the begining and determinative of seated woman (B1) in the end.
HistoryExcavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895.
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 157$
- Naville Edouard, The Temple of Deir el-Bahari. Part VI. The Lower Terrace, Additions and Plans, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund 29, London 1908, 9
- Borchardt Ludwig, Miscellen, in: Zeitschrift für Ägyptische Sprache und Altertumskunde XXXVII, 1899, 143