Lid of vase
Foundation deposit, stone vessel
Material(s) calcite, linen
Lid of vase, made of calcite, not matching with objects no E1036a. There is a buldge on the bottom. On the lid there is a vertical inscription: "Good God, Maat-ka-Ra, given life (nṯr nfr Mȝʿ.t-kȝ-Rʿ dj-ʿnḫ)". Two pieces of linen are flanking the inscription from both sides, they are stuck to the surface. Traces of ointment are visible. Thickness 0.6cm, outside diameter 5.3cm.
HistoryExcavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895. Donated to the Penn Museum by the Egypt Exploration Fund.
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 157$
- Naville Edouard, The Temple of Deir el-Bahari. Part VI. The Lower Terrace, Additions and Plans, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund 29, London 1908, 9
- Roehrig Catharine H., The Foundation Deposits of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple at Deir el-Bahari, in: Dorman Peter F., Bryan Betsy M., Galán José M. (eds.), Occasional Proceedings of the Theban Workshop. Creativity and Innovation in the Reign of Hatshepsut. Papers from the Theban Workshop 2010, Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization 69, Chicago 2014, 148