Foundation deposit, model tool
Dimensions Width 3.2cm
Model wooden hoe made of two separate pieces one of which is pierced through at an angle for insertion of other piece. Inscribed with incised hieroglyphs: "Good God Maat-ka-Ra, beloved of Amun of Djeser-djeseru (nṯr nfr Mȝʿ.t-kȝ-Rʿ mrjj.t Jmn m Ḏsr-ḏsrw)".
HistoryExcavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895. Donated to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston by the Egypt Exploration Fund in December 1895.
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 156$
- Naville Edouard, The Temple of Deir el-Bahari. Part VI. The Lower Terrace, Additions and Plans, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund 29, London 1908, 9
- Porter Bertha, Moss Rosalind L.B., Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings II. Theban Temples, 2nd ed., Oxford 1972, 369
- Roehrig Catharine H., The Foundation Deposits of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple at Deir el-Bahari, in: Dorman Peter F., Bryan Betsy M., Galán José M. (eds.), Occasional Proceedings of the Theban Workshop. Creativity and Innovation in the Reign of Hatshepsut. Papers from the Theban Workshop 2010, Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization 69, Chicago 2014, 148-149, fig. 8.12