Foundation deposit, model tool
Dimensions Width 8.5cm, Height 5.1
Model wooden rocker. The two moving sides are of thin wood in shape of rockers and are connected by six (originally seven) wooden bars which pierce through the sides. Inner side of one rocker incised with single column of inscription. The inscription is readable, despite that the part of it is broken. End of one rocker and one cross bar are missing. Very dry wood. Length 22.8cm.
HistoryExcavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895. Donated to the Brooklyn Museum by the Egypt Exploration Fund.
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 156$
- Naville Edouard, The Temple of Deir el-Bahari. Part VI. The Lower Terrace, Additions and Plans, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund 29, London 1908, 9
- Roehrig Catharine H., The Foundation Deposits of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple at Deir el-Bahari, in: Dorman Peter F., Bryan Betsy M., Galán José M. (eds.), Occasional Proceedings of the Theban Workshop. Creativity and Innovation in the Reign of Hatshepsut. Papers from the Theban Workshop 2010, Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization 69, Chicago 2014, 148-149, fig. 8.11