Foundation deposit, model tool
Model of wooden rocker. The two moving sides are of thin wood in shape of rockers and are connected by seven wooden bars which pierce through the sides. On the one side there is a horizontal inscription in incised hieroglyphs: "Good God Maat-ka-Ra, beloved of Amun of Djeser-djeseru (nṯr nfr Mȝʿ.t-kȝ-Rʿ mrjj.t Jmn m Ḏsr-ḏsrw)".
HistoryExcavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895.
- Roehrig Catharine H., The Foundation Deposits of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple at Deir el-Bahari, in: Dorman Peter F., Bryan Betsy M., Galán José M. (eds.), Occasional Proceedings of the Theban Workshop. Creativity and Innovation in the Reign of Hatshepsut. Papers from the Theban Workshop 2010, Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization 69, Chicago 2014, fig. 8.11
- Naville Edouard, The Temple of Deir el-Bahari. Part VI. The Lower Terrace, Additions and Plans, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund 29, London 1908, 9
- Margaret Murray, National Museum of Science and Art, General Guide III. Egyptian Antiquities, Dublin 1910, 42
- Porter Bertha, Moss Rosalind L.B., Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings II. Theban Temples, 2nd ed., Oxford 1972, 368