Foundation deposit, basketry
Dimensions Height 3.3cm
Model sieve made of rush. The inner part is made of fine grass blades in twining technique, while the outer part is made in coiling technique with a passive bundle. Very good state of preservation. Diameter 21.5cm.
HistoryExcavated by the H.E. Winlock (Metropolitan Museum of Art) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari (south-eastern corner of deposit B, group B) in 1920-1922. Gained by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1922 in the division of finds (Rogers Fund and Edward S. Harkness gift).
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 158$
- Winlock Herbert Eustis, Excavations at Deir el-Bahri 1911-1931, New York 1942, 89, pl. 42