Foundation deposit, tool
Wooden peg. Rounded on the thicker end and sharpened on the thinner one. Length 39.0cm.
HistoryExcavated by the H.E. Winlock (Metropolitan Museum of Art) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1923-1924. Gained by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1925 in the division of finds (Rogers Fund).
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 158-159$
- Roehrig Catharine H., The Foundation Deposits of Hatshepsut's Mortuary Temple at Deir el-Bahari, in: Dorman Peter F., Bryan Betsy M., Galán José M. (eds.), Occasional Proceedings of the Theban Workshop. Creativity and Innovation in the Reign of Hatshepsut. Papers from the Theban Workshop 2010, Studies in Ancient Oriental Civilization 69, Chicago 2014, 149
- Winlock Herbert Eustis, The Metropolitan Museum of Art: the Egyptian Expedition 1924-1925 (March 1926), Part II, in: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Bulletin 21.3, 1926, 18$