Plaque

Foundation deposit, plaque

The Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, London UC 15867

Provenance

Description

Material(s) copper alloy or bronze

Rectangular plaque made of copper alloy or bronze, length 10.0cm. In the middle there is an inscription in incised hieroglyphs: "Good God Maat-ka-Ra, beloved of Amun, Foremost of Djeser-djeseru (nṯr nfr Mȝʿ.t-kȝ-Rʿ mrjj.t Jmn ḫntj Ḏ​sr-ḏsrw)".

Katarzyna Kapiec

History

Excavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895.

Bibliography