Foundation deposit, basketry
Coiled reed mat, constructed in twining technique. Length 61.0cm, diameter 5.0cm.
HistoryExcavated by the H.E. Winlock (Metropolitan Museum of Art) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1923-1924. Gained by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in 1925 in the division of finds (Rogers Fund).
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 158-159$
- Hayes William C., The Scepter of Egypt: A Background for the Study of the Egyptian Antiquities in The Metropolitan Museum of Art. Vol. 2, The Hyksos Period and the New Kingdom, Cambridge, Mass. 1959, 85, fig. 47