Foundation deposit, basketry
Dimensions Width 4.5cm, Height 6.0cm
Material(s) rush or reeds
Mat made of rush or reeds, used to cover the deposit.
HistoryExcavated by E. Naville (Egypt Exploration Fund) in the temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari in 1894-1895. Donated to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston by the Egypt Exploration Fund in December 1895.
- Weinstein James Morris, Foundation Deposits in Ancient Egypt, unpublished PhD thesis, University of Pennsylvania 1973, 156$
- Naville Edouard, The Temple of Deir el-Bahari. Part VI. The Lower Terrace, Additions and Plans, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund 29, London 1908, 9
- Eggebrecht Arne, Eggebrecht Eva (eds.), Ägyptens Aufstieg zur Weltmacht, Mainz am Rhein 1987, 154-156