Nome: 15th Upper Egyptian nome
Geographical coordinates: 27º38´N / 30º52´E
During the excavations performed by J.D.S. Pendlebury in 1931-1932, in one of the rooms (P.42.2) of the Royal Magazines located to the east of the Royal House in the Royal Estate in Amarna, a medium-sized calcite vessel was found. It was inscribed with a text containing untouched cartouches of Hatshepsut and erased name of Amun. The town was founded in the place not settled before, so the presence of a jar seems to be surprising. According to the excavator, the object was taken from Thebes when people moved to the new town.
- ^ 126: Preliminary Report of the Excavations at Tell el-'Amarnah, 1931-2 - - 1932 - Pendlebury, J.D.S..
Explorer/Institution working previously: J.D.S. Pendlebury, Egypt Exploration Society
- Porter Bertha, Moss Rosalind L.B., Topographical Bibliography of Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Texts, Reliefs, and Paintings IV. Lower and Middle Egypt: Delta and Cairo to Asyûṭ, Oxford 1934, 199
- Pendlebury J.D.S., Preliminary Report of the Excavations at Tell el-'Amarnah, 1931-2, in: Journal of Egyptian Archaeology XVIII.3-4, 1932, 148, pl. XIX.3
- Pendlebury J.D.S., The City of Akhenaten III: The Central City and the Official Quarters. The Excavations at Tell el-Amarna during the Seasons 1926-1927 and 1931-1936, Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Society 44, London 1951, 92, pl. LXXIV.8